Screenworks Membership Benefits
As a Screenworks member you are part of the vibrant and professional screen community in the Northern Rivers region of NSW.
You will receive discounts to Screenworks events and film premiers, VIP invitations, be included in a directory of local film makers, receive discounts to cinema, festivals and industry affiliated courses, plus much more.
In addition, you are supporting the development and growth of the screen industry in this region.
All of our members receive the following substantial benefits:
Members Price to Screenworks Events
Your annual Screenworks membership gives you priority access and discounted tickets to all Screenworks events, clinics and training.
Screenworks offers a wide range of screen events including film premiers with VIP guest speakers, forums, workshops, professional development and networking opportunities across all aspects of the film television and digital media industries. Screenworks also holds an annual public pitching competition Life’s A Pitch which gives members only the opportunity to meet and present to key industry decision makers and to win a trip to SPAA Fringe as one of the many prizes.
As a Screenworks member you will be listed in Screenworks crew/casting and services directory as a professional or emerging screenworker. Screenworks uses this directory to make recommendations and referrals to local and visiting production companies.
Screenworks is regularly approached by visiting and local, national and international productions for advice and recommendations for cast and crew. If you are a Screenworks member we will have your details in our directory and where relevant, your CV on file so we can recommend you for work opportunities.
The opportunity to meet local and visiting industry professionals is rated by members as one of the biggest advantages of Screenworks membership. As a Screenworks member you will receive VIP invitations to Screenworks member’s exclusive events to facilitate appropriate meetings and connections.
Web & E Communications Exposure:
Exposure on Screenworks website within the Screenworks directory listing.
• The Screenworks directory gives you the opportunity to link your website and social media to the Screenworks website.
Local, national and international production companies, industry bodies and the general public visit our website. You can leverage this traffic through to your relevant online promotional material and benefit from the opportunities. Plus:
· Your achievements can be highlighted in the monthly e-newsletter
· You have the opportunity to promote your event or project in our e-newsletter
Access to current industry information and updates via electronic communications:
You can receive:
• Screenworks regular e news with local and national industry news, events, festival and funding deadlines.
• Screenworks e alerts with updates on events and deadlines.
• Regular facebook and twitter up dates on industry activity.
• Targeted communications on industry specific opportunities.
Advice and support:
Screenworks professional staff can point you in the right direction, put you in contact with the relevant people and provide access to materials that will support your screen business development.
Discounts to cinema and film events:
· Discounts at Dendy Byron Cinemas
· Concession price to the annual Byron Bay Film Festival
· Concession price to the annual Flickerfest festival
Discount to industry affiliated courses and events:
· 10% industry guild discount to AFTRS courses
· 10% discount to SAE Short Courses in Film
· Members price to Northern Rivers Writers Centre events including Byron Bay Writers Festival
Screenworks continues to partner with screen industry organisations and publications to arrange further member benefits:
Screenworks membership is for 1 year from date of joining.
Screenworks members will be issued with a membership card and a number and registration on the Screenworks website.
How to join:
Simply fill in a membership form and arrange payment via direct deposit or cheque
Membership forms and payment details are available at on line or click here to download a PDF from the Screenworks website
Cost for 12 months:
Professional - $60
Emerging Professional - $40
Student/Unemployed - $30
Associate - $40